Friday, July 10, 2009

Sarah Tomlin Q&A

Tell us a bit about yourself. I'm 26 years young and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 6 years! We have 2 dogs, one of which is house trained.

Tell us about your work. My love of photography stretches into nearly every field I can find work in but I love to travel. I love seeing new places and finding beauty in God's creations. One of my favorite quotes is on my website: "We look at the world and see what we have learned to believe is there. We have been conditioned to expect.....but, as photographers, we must learn to relax our beliefs." -Aaron Siskind. I find that beauty is everywhere around us. All we have to do is appreciate it.


What are some of your goals and/ or plans? Ideally my goal would be to open up an art shop with my sister Christina! We both love the arts. Also, I would love to be on The Price is Right.


What are you currently reading? The July 13th issue of Time Magazine and celebrity twitters.

If you were to build a house out of unorthodox materials, what type of house would you build? Tree logs, rusted metal, stained glass, and toothpicks. I'd love to live in an old barn. Renovated of course, with central air and heat.

Playlist of a few favorite songs: Mad Mission by Patty Griffin, Lentil by Sia, and Spell by Marie Digby.
Favorite visual artists? I have to say that I am quite partial to photographers although I truly respect any type of artist. Loving what you do and putting your whole heart and soul into your work is the best part of life. Four people that DESERVE to be mentioned are Matt McClure, Rebecca Villarreal, Thomas Jack Hilton, and Thomas Krapausky. All of their website links can be found on the links portion of my site.

Your website(s): Sarahtomlinphotography.com