Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Q&A: Sagine Cave

Tell us a little about yourself.
I love to surround myself with loving, happy and positive people. My family and my friends mean the world to me. I was born in Gatineau and raised in Ottawa. I am in constant love with the arts and funky music; soul music is my favorite! My favorite color is lime green and I love candy.



Which artists have most influenced you and why?
My inspirations are Frida Kahlo, Salvador Dali, Gustav Klimt, Michelangelo, Botticelli, Haitian Art, and anything Cuban.
Other than art, what are some of your interests?
I enjoy travelling, cooking and seeing new things. I am an elementary school art teacher, I teach cartooning and arts and crafts.

In what city do you currently live? What are a few must see spots you would recommend to a tourist?
I currently live in the fantastic city of Montreal. The Museum of Fine Arts is always a great place to go see all types of exhibitions. Tam Tams is always a beauty during the summer too. http://citynoise.org/article/5313


Did you study art or are you self taught?
I started drawing at the age of three without any guidance. I started taking art classes last year. I draw and paint in my free time so I can practice new techniques.

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions?
Boutique Fly (St- Catherine O.); Different Styles (Atwater); Black History Art Show (Concordia)


Favorite song? Positive Vibrations- Bob Marley

What are you currently reading? Raising Kanye

Website? http://funkysoulfulart.blogspot.com/